Players slam ‘very disappointing' announcement of Saudi Arabia Snooker Masters cancellation
Former World Championship finalist Barry Hawkins said it was 'very annoying' and a 'massive tournament to lose'
www.independent.co.ukDirect answer: The Saudi Arabia Snooker Masters has been cancelled for future editions, with the World Snooker Tour confirming that planned events will not take place beyond the 2025 season. This has been widely reported by multiple outlets in late April 2026.
Key points
What this means for fans and players
Where to read more
If you’d like, I can pull the latest concise timeline of events, or compile a quick pros/cons table showing implications for players, the tour, and fans. I can also fetch current commentary from specific players or organizations if you have names in mind.
Former World Championship finalist Barry Hawkins said it was 'very annoying' and a 'massive tournament to lose'
www.independent.co.ukThe World Snooker Tour (WST) announced on Saturday that the Saudi Arabia Masters had been cancelled, with Barry Hawkins and Mark Williams both expressing their frustration
www.mirror.co.ukThe world number 11 criticised how players were given the information
www.gbnews.comSaudi Arabia has cancelled its major snooker tournament amid a push to restrict spending on big-money sports events.
www.newarab.comThe Saudi Arabia Snooker Masters, one of the richest events on the World Snooker Tour calendar, is cancelled, with key players unhappy at the announcement.
www.bbc.co.ukIt's bad news for snooker fans.
www.express.co.ukSaudi Arabia has cancelled its major snooker tournament amid a push to restrict spending on big-money sports events.
www.newarab.comThe World Snooker Tour (WST) has confirmed that planned editions of the Saudi Arabia Snooker Masters will not take place, with the tournament cancelled.
www.sportinglife.com